samba on centos 5
I have re-installed our operating system (CentOS 5) ,what is the
best way to restore our Samba server? Can it be as simple as
copying the smb.config and smbpasswd files back into the
/etc/samba directory? That's what I am hoping. If I just copy
the smb.config and the smbpasswd files back to the samba
directory will the machine trusts, users and passwords just
work? If not, what is the proper procedure for restoring.
Actually i want to make CentOS 5.3 as my Domain Controller, I want to test all Scenario in case of any disaster of DC before putting it into production environment. I have some queries as:
1. Is CentOS 5 is more stable than RHEL 5 etc.
2. How can i take back up of entire samba server if need it in case of any disaster. How can i restore it.
3. How can i use logon scripts like GPO in windows servers.
4. How can add users in samba server and linux at one time with one command.
5. Please tell me any Web based samba administration tool other than SWAT.
6. Last one, any good book of samba server administration