I tried maping the drive but the problem persists. It is really strange. Although I can not use robocopy or xcopy (i get an access denied error) by using the GUI I can remove and copy the files although I found out some strange behaviour:
- Some directories do not show the contents.
- If I try to copy the file from windows the copy process stalls for ever.
My clients are Windows 7 and the server is Ubuntu 11.10 running samba 3.5.11
I am starting to believe it is a windows 7/Samba incompatibility. I even did the required register changes in the windows clients.
I might have to buy a windows server to replace the ubuntu.