Postfix host name not found + samba issue
I have a Centos64 new install as PDC. Postfix would receive but not send so following tips from Googling, I put a copy of the resolve config from /etc in /var/spool/postfix/etc and it stated delivering mail.
Then I started sorting out Samba and got that working (once I got it through the firewall) but it went at the speed of a plastic slug when trying to connect from windows boxes so I tried setting it to run wins.
At some point in this process the Postfix decided to stop resolving delivery host names again. So I checked all the settings and even set up Bind but the faults persist. I have a niggle they are related.
It doesn't help that the Postfix FAQ suggests looking at examples from the source man files but they don't exist with my install.
I can't post file contents at the moment as the building is closed for the nite and I am home with my laptop and piles of lost hair.