mount from windows XP to fedora core 4 using samba
I have a shared folder on Fedora box and would like to mount it from windows XP (professional) so I can read/change source files. have a few question, appreciate some help.
1) Is it possible to do so using NFS on both machines?
2) Is it possible to do so using Samba (Fedora as Samba server and XP as client) ?
3) I tried to config smb.conf on Fedora box, the only I change is basically the following :
security = user
# The following two entries demonstrate how to share a directory so that two
# users can place files there that will be owned by the specific users. In this
# setup, the directory should be writable by both users and should have the
# sticky bit set on it to prevent abuse. Obviously this could be extended to
# as many users as required.
; comment = Mary's and Fred's stuff
path = /home/joe
valid users = joe
public = yes
writable = yes
printable = no
create mask = 0765
4) run smdpasswd -a joe, enter password
restart smb service on Linux
5) When trying to map network driver in windows XP, using \IP_ADDRESS\home\joe, it prompts for user name and password, so I entered joe\password
6) XP always changes user name to \COMPANY_DOMAIN_NAME\joe and ask for re-log in, never be able to log in
what do I miss here? where is domain name come from?