So this is somewhat of a repost from http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...counts-413802/
, but it has a few twists to it.
I've configured a Debian private server (that I'm quite proud of
) and I'd like it to, among other things, perform the following functions:
- Initially, download all emails from my Gmail account and delete them on the server
- Periodically check for new mail from Gmail, fetch them, and delete them from the server
- Store all emails in an encrypted (if possible) spool with GPG
- Host an IMAP server that reads from the encrypted spool
- Set up a webmail interface to access email (what are the best clients... I've heard of Roundcube and Squirrelmail but I don't know which one to choose)
I guess I'm being a bit paranoid but I'd really like to keep my email on my own server, and in order to prevent security issues encryption is likely the best route... only I don't know how to make an IMAP server read from an encrypted spool.
I appreciate any and all tips and bits of advice