Mail Server Configuration, Concept and Work Flow questions
I am very new in the Linux World, and I have too many questions regarding to the Mail Server Configurations, Concepts and Work Flows that cannot found by the Internet... even I read 20+ Howtos, tutorials, readme...
I would like to setup the mail solution with virtual domains and users like that (refer to some solution found in the Internet):
Mail Exchanger (mx1.example.com & mx2.example.com)
- Handle all incoming mail
- Postfix with Postgrey, DSpam, and ClamAV
Mail Server (mail.example.com)
- Handle clients send and receive mail (SMTP+TLS, IMAP, IMAPs, POP3, POP3s)
- Mailbox Storage
- Postfix, Dovecot
Database Server (internal only)
- Store the virtual domains and mailboxes information
All are using CentOS 5.2
All mails comes in to the Mail Exchanger (mx), check with Greylist Policy, RBL, SPAM, Virus, if everything passed, the mail sends to Mail Server (via LMTP).
Clients sent mail though Mail Server (mail) with SMTP AUTH.
Clients receive mail though Mail Server (mail) by IMAP(s) and/or POP3(s).
1. The scenario is good? Or any suggestions?
2. I cannot understood what the processing flow in the MX, Postfix how to know it should be send the "PASSED" mails to Mail Server via LMTP?
Or any resource, articles I can refer for the "master.cf" (not the readme only, for the readme, I only found the meaning, it is not enough for the newbie like me)?
3. Any details description for the "master.cf" I can refer to? Details mean what the process flowing, logic flow, with English descriptions.
Thank you for all of you the time to help the newbie like me.