Logon script will not run in Samba 3.3.4 PDC
Glad to see this fine forum here, and hope I can pick the collective brains of the assembled gurus here.
I have a Samba 3.3.4 PDC set up on my Linux box, which was migrated from an older (and to-be-retired) setup. It seemed everything was going well - machines were still members of the domain, logins were working properly, all seemed happy -- until I tried to set up a logon script for my users.
Simple problem: The logon script simply won't fire. I have a mixture of XP Pro and Vista Ultimate clients and the script works nowhere.
I've been trying to research this issue elsewhere and have come up empty, or at least the things I've found as causing this problem elsewhere havent helped me. I've checked/tried:
* logon script parameter in smb.conf is a file relative to the path in the netlogon service
* logon script is a properly-formatted (DOS Cr/LF) file.
* File can be accessed and executed with no problem *manually* from all clients.
* netlogon directory on server has been chmod to 755
* Samba log files indicate *no* attempt to access or execute the file
* using pdbedit for each user properly shows the intended script file for each user.
This seemingly simple problem really has me pulling my hair out. If there are any other suggestions or thoughts on how to solve this problem, I'd be much appreciative!!