Linux - ServerThis forum is for the discussion of Linux Software used in a server related context.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
Glad to see this fine forum here, and hope I can pick the collective brains of the assembled gurus here.
I have a Samba 3.3.4 PDC set up on my Linux box, which was migrated from an older (and to-be-retired) setup. It seemed everything was going well - machines were still members of the domain, logins were working properly, all seemed happy -- until I tried to set up a logon script for my users.
Simple problem: The logon script simply won't fire. I have a mixture of XP Pro and Vista Ultimate clients and the script works nowhere.
I've been trying to research this issue elsewhere and have come up empty, or at least the things I've found as causing this problem elsewhere havent helped me. I've checked/tried:
* logon script parameter in smb.conf is a file relative to the path in the netlogon service
* logon script is a properly-formatted (DOS Cr/LF) file.
* File can be accessed and executed with no problem *manually* from all clients.
* netlogon directory on server has been chmod to 755
* Samba log files indicate *no* attempt to access or execute the file
* using pdbedit for each user properly shows the intended script file for each user.
This seemingly simple problem really has me pulling my hair out. If there are any other suggestions or thoughts on how to solve this problem, I'd be much appreciative!!