LinuxQuestions.org
Register a domain and help support LQ
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Server
User Name
Password
Linux - Server This forum is for the discussion of Linux Software used in a server related context.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #16
abefroman
Senior Member
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Distribution: CentOS
Posts: 1,266

Rep: Reputation: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by woshka View Post
root@linux [~]# wget http://amos.freeshell.org/userbeans.sh
--09:39:44-- http://amos.freeshell.org/userbeans.sh
Resolving amos.freeshell.org... 192.94.73.30
Connecting to amos.freeshell.org|192.94.73.30|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 11681 (11K) [application/x-sh]
Saving to: `userbeans.sh'

100%[==================================================================================================== ================>] 11,681 10.5K/s in 1.1s

09:39:45 (10.5 KB/s) - `userbeans.sh' saved [11681/11681]

root@linux [~]# userbeans.sh +a
-bash: userbeans.sh: command not found
chmod 700 userbeans.sh
./userbeans.sh +a
 
Old 09-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #17
dlugasx
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2008
Location: Germany/Poland
Distribution: CentOS / Debian / Solaris / RedHat
Posts: 249

Rep: Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by woshka View Post
root@linux [~]# wget http://amos.freeshell.org/userbeans.sh
--09:39:44-- http://amos.freeshell.org/userbeans.sh
Resolving amos.freeshell.org... 192.94.73.30
Connecting to amos.freeshell.org|192.94.73.30|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 11681 (11K) [application/x-sh]
Saving to: `userbeans.sh'

100%[==================================================================================================== ================>] 11,681 10.5K/s in 1.1s

09:39:45 (10.5 KB/s) - `userbeans.sh' saved [11681/11681]

root@linux [~]# userbeans.sh +a
-bash: userbeans.sh: command not found
ehhhhhhhhhh...

Quote:
root@linux [~]# chmod a+x userbeans.sh

root@linux [~]# ./userbeans.sh +a

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by dlugasx; 09-21-2009 at 09:41 AM.
 
Old 09-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #18
woshka
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
Blog Entries: 1

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
root@linux [~]# chmod 700 userbeans.sh
root@linux [~]# ./userbeans.sh +a
for non-root users, /proc/user_beancounters required via stdin
root@linux [~]#
 
Old 09-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #19
woshka
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
Blog Entries: 1

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
for non-root users, /proc/user_beancounters required via stdin
 
Old 09-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #20
dlugasx
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2008
Location: Germany/Poland
Distribution: CentOS / Debian / Solaris / RedHat
Posts: 249

Rep: Reputation: 18
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by woshka View Post
for non-root users, /proc/user_beancounters required via stdin

execute this like a root...

Quote:
root@linux [~]# su -

root@linux [~]# chmod a+x userbeans.sh

root@linux [~]# ./userbeans.sh +a
 
Old 09-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #21
woshka
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
Blog Entries: 1

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
root@linux [~]# su -
root@linux [~]# chmod a+x userbeans.sh
root@linux [~]# ./userbeans.sh +a
for non-root users, /proc/user_beancounters required via stdin
root@linux [~]#
 
Old 12-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #22
carltm
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2007
Location: Canton, MI
Distribution: CentOS, SuSE, Red Hat, Debian, etc.
Posts: 697

Rep: Reputation: 93
I found the problem in line 225.

Try replacing that line with this:

if [ "`whoami`" != root ] ; then


Abefroman, can you tell us more about this script or point
us to some web resources?

What are userbeans?

What program(s) creates userbeans?

How can you use this info for diagnostics? (Although the
answer to this may be obvious after seeing a sample output)
 
Old 12-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #23
abefroman
Senior Member
 
Registered: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Distribution: CentOS
Posts: 1,266

Rep: Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by carltm View Post
I found the problem in line 225.

Try replacing that line with this:

if [ "`whoami`" != root ] ; then


Abefroman, can you tell us more about this script or point
us to some web resources?

What are userbeans?

What program(s) creates userbeans?

How can you use this info for diagnostics? (Although the
answer to this may be obvious after seeing a sample output)
This is kinda a dead thread, but the userbeans are for vps servers only and I think specifically virtuozzo.
 
  


Reply

Tags
high, unknown


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High load, high RAM usage and unresponsive VPS saeed22 Linux - Server 1 08-20-2009 11:58 AM
Extremaly high server load 2-3 times per month lpa Linux - Newbie 3 07-16-2009 07:13 AM
System freezes a couple of times a day Fugazi Fedora 12 01-02-2009 05:44 PM
Server Load Times High, help? Networks Linux - Newbie 6 05-05-2007 12:37 AM
Load Avg High/Phys Mem High teamh Debian 2 12-26-2006 05:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration