- We use Windows PC's in our office
- They are currently on a peer to peer network
- One peer is setup to share its hard disk as a network drive.
- We save all our files there and backup daily
- Our network will have about 10 employee computers and 25 computers to be used by students in a training room.
- We know just a little networking... but are no expert.
Now we are considering setting up a server so that we can setup a domain with file sharing and group management.
It was suggested we consider Linux & Samba
- Is there a GUI system for managing the permissions and group assignments available in Samba or another Linux App?
- Which distribution of Linux should we consider? (Hopefully one with a great user forum that will hold our hand through the startup process
Thanks for any help.