LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Server (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/)
-   -   F11 X64 - Perl Install Problem (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/f11-x64-perl-install-problem-732872/)

whiskey06 06-14-2009 11:55 AM

F11 X64 - Perl Install Problem
 
Code:

yum install perl* -y
Which results in this error:
Code:

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/bin/ipv4calc conflicts between attempted installs of perl-Network-IPv4Addr-0.05-14.fc11.noarch and perl-Net-IPv4Addr-0.10-4.fc11.noarch
  file /usr/share/man/man1/ipv4calc.1.gz conflicts between attempted installs of perl-Network-IPv4Addr-0.05-14.fc11.noarch and perl-Net-IPv4Addr-0.10-4.fc11.noarch

I need teh perlz because I'm installing Zimbra.
Code:

perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/IO/IO.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
And for your entertainment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfXCYIUJcNg

TB0ne 06-14-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskey06 (Post 3573561)
Code:

yum install perl* -y
Which results in this error:
Code:

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/bin/ipv4calc conflicts between attempted installs of perl-Network-IPv4Addr-0.05-14.fc11.noarch and perl-Net-IPv4Addr-0.10-4.fc11.noarch
  file /usr/share/man/man1/ipv4calc.1.gz conflicts between attempted installs of perl-Network-IPv4Addr-0.05-14.fc11.noarch and perl-Net-IPv4Addr-0.10-4.fc11.noarch

I need teh perlz because I'm installing Zimbra.
Code:

perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/IO/IO.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
And for your entertainment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfXCYIUJcNg

"teh perlz"?? Write clearly...don't post junk like that.

And if you read the errors you're getting, they indicate that you already HAVE perl installed, and you're trying to do another install, instead of an upgrade.

whiskey06 06-14-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 3573576)
"teh perlz"?? Write clearly...don't post junk like that.

And if you read the errors you're getting, they indicate that you already HAVE perl installed, and you're trying to do another install, instead of an upgrade.

Never in my life did I expect to be chastised on my English by someone from Alabama.

I realise that I have it installed but I need to upgrade it in order to get Zimbra installed up and running. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Icantprintinlinux 06-14-2009 11:01 PM

Did you check your cable?

TB0ne 06-15-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskey06 (Post 3573914)
Never in my life did I expect to be chastised on my English by someone from Alabama.

Oh, why is that? Know ANYTHING about the place you're talking about, other than what you see on TV? Grow up...and if you're asking for help, it'd be good to keep in mind to not insult people who are TRYING to help you.

Quote:

I realise that I have it installed but I need to upgrade it in order to get Zimbra installed up and running. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Try "yum upgrade <module name>", instead of "install". The upgrade will remove the old module(s), and install the newer ones. Reading the man page for yum would be a good start.

Aun 08-20-2009 11:46 AM

-------------------------------------------------
Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/bin/ipv4calc conflicts between attempted installs of perl-Network-IPv4Addr-0.05-14.fc11.noarch and perl-Net-IPv4Addr-0.10-4.fc11.noarch
file /usr/share/man/man1/ipv4calc.1.gz conflicts between attempted installs of perl-Network-IPv4Addr-0.05-14.fc11.noarch and perl-Net-IPv4Addr-0.10-4.fc11.noarch
------------------------------------------------------


I am also facing the same issue on fedora 11, can anyone please suggest the solution.

Regards
Aun Muhammad

TB0ne 08-20-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aun (Post 3651091)
-------------------------------------------------
Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/bin/ipv4calc conflicts between attempted installs of perl-Network-IPv4Addr-0.05-14.fc11.noarch and perl-Net-IPv4Addr-0.10-4.fc11.noarch
file /usr/share/man/man1/ipv4calc.1.gz conflicts between attempted installs of perl-Network-IPv4Addr-0.05-14.fc11.noarch and perl-Net-IPv4Addr-0.10-4.fc11.noarch
------------------------------------------------------


I am also facing the same issue on fedora 11, can anyone please suggest the solution.

Regards
Aun Muhammad

Please open your own thread, for you own questions, don't hijack someone elses thread that's been closed for two months.

And this question has been answered above...read and follow the advice.

Aun 08-21-2009 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 3651362)
Please open your own thread, for you own questions, don't hijack someone elses thread that's been closed for two months.

And this question has been answered above...read and follow the advice.

I have "read and follow" the advice, its useless for me. and BTW I am shocked to see such a non professional comment. I posts on many good forums but never found such an arrogant comment. Thanks any ways

TB0ne 08-21-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aun (Post 3652144)
I have "read and follow" the advice, its useless for me. and BTW I am shocked to see such a non professional comment. I posts on many good forums but never found such an arrogant comment. Thanks any ways

Reopening a dead thread isn't good, no matter which 'good forums' you post to. Open your own question...if you want arrogance, that'd be shoving into some elses conversation, like YOU DID, and tacking your own question on.

The "yum update" DOES work for your situation...if not, there should be error messages, which you didn't bother posting (which would have been PROFESSIONAL of you). Also, if you Googled for that message, you'd have found it...the FedoraForums are loaded with info about it.

If you want to be treated with professionalism, act like it. Display courtesy of your own, open your own questions, and post relevant information. Also, please look here: http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/...Ask_a_Question

Very first lines:
Quote:

Posting
To post a question, first click on the appropriate forum and then click the "New Thread" button.

AlucardZero 08-21-2009 12:12 PM

this thread is hilarious

see also link in sig

TB0ne 08-21-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlucardZero (Post 3652638)
this thread is hilarious

see also link in sig

Indeed it is...in a sad sort of way. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.