I have exactely the same problem with bmon.
I use Fedora core 6, kernel 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.
I found a workaround, by disabling libnl, by using two methods:
- remove libnl-devel package (may be another name under slackware)
- disable libnl from compilation. As I coudn't find any configuration switch, I had to manually edit 'configure' file. , and change the following line (line number 7328):
if test $ac_cv_lib_nl_nl_connect = yes; then
if test $ac_cv_lib_nl_nl_connect = foo; then
Then rerun ./configure,
But I got other compilation messages:
out_xml_event.c:130: erreur: expected ‘=’ before ‘xml_event_shutdown’
out_audio.c:144: erreur: expected ‘=’ before ‘audio_shutdown’
out_db.c:682: erreur: expected ‘=’ before ‘db_shutdown’
So I had to edit src/out_xml_event.c, src/out_audio.c and etc/out_db.c files, and add the '=' char where it is expected....
After these operations, I was able to make & install bmon.
Last edited by yam103; 11-12-2006 at 09:38 AM.