LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Server (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/)
-   -   Block IP and Email address (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/block-ip-and-email-address-4175435782/)

hiep.pham 11-05-2012 03:33 PM

Block IP and Email address
 
Hello:

One of our employee is getting a spoof/fake email that is sending from accounting@wemadeusa.com to support@wemadeusa.com

But accounting alias is not exist in out domain email.

Can you someone help me how to block the IP address coming from our postfix server and block the email address originating from.

Thank you,

-Hiep

TB0ne 11-05-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiep.pham (Post 4822915)
Hello:
One of our employee is getting a spoof/fake email that is sending from accounting@wemadeusa.com to support@wemadeusa.com

But accounting alias is not exist in out domain email. Can you someone help me how to block the IP address coming from our postfix server and block the email address originating from.

If you tried putting "linux postfix block ip address" and/or "block originating address" into Google, you'd have been able to find the answer. That's always a good starting point, and that's been pointed out to you before, too.

http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/postfix-HELO.html
http://beginlinux.com/server_trainin...x-spam-control

hiep.pham 11-05-2012 04:06 PM

Thank you for your reply. But nothing that is I'm looking for when Google. Could you send me a link or instruction on how to stop spoof email?

TB0ne 11-05-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiep.pham (Post 4822934)
Thank you for your reply. But nothing that is I'm looking for when Google. Could you send me a link or instruction on how to stop spoof email?

Sorry, but Google has THOUSANDS of VERY easily found sites that explain what you're looking for, and how to do it. For:
"linux postfix block ip address" - 315,000 hits
"linux postfix block originating address" - 396,000 hits

Are you still going to say that you can't find anything on Google???? And I already looked it up for you, and posted the links in my reply...did you not bother to read them? Have you put ANY effort into this?

r0b0 11-06-2012 04:09 AM

There's usually little help with blocking individual IP addresses or fake sender addresses. Spammers are very fast at changing their techniques so it is not feasible to react to each and every new form of spam e-mail received.

I would suggest that you implement a generic anti-spam solution (I recommend spamassassin) that will take care of most spam now and in the future.

TB0ne 11-06-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0b0 (Post 4823239)
There's usually little help with blocking individual IP addresses or fake sender addresses. Spammers are very fast at changing their techniques so it is not feasible to react to each and every new form of spam e-mail received.

I would suggest that you implement a generic anti-spam solution (I recommend spamassassin) that will take care of most spam now and in the future.

+1 for this...I agree totally.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.