I would be very grateful for some help with an issue I have with a SUSE 10.2
web server (using apache
) I'm trying to set up on a windows network. The is my first attempt at this so if you know the answer please explain clearly.
The problem is that if a browse http://localhost/
I get the usual message "It works!" on the index.html page, but when I try browsing http://localhost/index.html
I get an "unable to connect message" in firefox. I also have swat
running on this server which runs ok (localhost:901/).
I can't browse the page from another machine on the network either.
I did have this working before, but it seemed to go wrong after I created a share in samba to srv/www/ and changed the permissions on the www and htdocs folders so other users on the network could add/edit/delete files in these areas... This may have someting to do with it but I'm unable to work that out at the moment. I've tried various adjustments.