This is what I did, not sure what to make of it:
1) Copied the files ipfilter.rules and ipfilter.release from CD3 into the /usr/local/etc/ directory
2) Did a search and replace for ppp0 to eth0 on ipfilter.rules
3) Saved ipfilter.rules as ipfilter.eth0
4) Did a chmod 770 /usr/local/etc/ipfilter.*
5) Tried to execute the ipfilter.eth0 file, with no joy. Tried again, rinse, lather, repeat, no joy.
6) Read this post
7) Deleted both files, and did the "# echo '#!/bin/sh' > /usr/local/etc/ipfilter.eth0" command, which created the new ipfilter.eth0 file
8) Opened the file from the CD, copied the contents, and pasted it into the new ipfilter.eth0 file. Searched, Replaced, Saved. Did the same steps to create and past into the ipfilter.release.
9) Did the same chmod command, chmod 770 /usr/local/etc/ipfilter.*
10) They executed and worked as designed
Here's my question... why did the file(s) on the CD not execute after the chmod, but when I first created the file locally then pasted the same contents, it worked w/o a problem?
Thanks! Newbie here