wireless shared internet service: which authentication implementation?
Hi u all!
I've an high bandwidth connection to the internet that I'd like to share with some of my neighbours that own a wireless card each.
As I'm a newbie in security issues like this one, I'd like to know what is the best solution for implementing a linux server that has the following capabilities:
- a firewalling service for protecting the internal machines of my LAN from the outside unwanted wireless users
- an authentication service for my neighbours
- some banwidth limiting facilities, to avoid someone to take the whole shared band
I was thinking of using iptables + transparent proxy to a squid server, but here the problems are 2:
- This way, peer to peer clients could have no way to download all the stuff they want
- I don't know what's the best authentication method to use in my case on squid
Maybe also the idea of a socks proxy could be useful, but I haven't found an opensource free product that I could use for this.
Thanx in advance for your help...