LinuxQuestions.org
View the Most Wanted LQ Wiki articles.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Security
User Name
Password
Linux - Security This forum is for all security related questions.
Questions, tips, system compromises, firewalls, etc. are all included here.

Notices



Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
zazem
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2008
Posts: 9

Rep: Reputation: 0
How to configure Postfix to enhance the security?


Hi All,

I have being searching around to find out how to configure postfix to enhance to security. I am using Ubunbu 8.04 + postfix . (my network structure is like: LAN-internal firewall-mail/ftp/web server - external firewall - Internet)

As I just know is to run Postfix daemon process chrooted to strong the security. Is there any way to configure it?

I will be very appreciate someone can help~~
 
Old 05-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #2
win32sux
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Distribution: Ubuntu
Posts: 9,870

Rep: Reputation: 371Reputation: 371Reputation: 371Reputation: 371
Welcome to LQ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazem View Post
Hi All,

I have being searching around to find out how to configure postfix to enhance to security. I am using Ubunbu 8.04 + postfix . (my network structure is like: LAN-internal firewall-mail/ftp/web server - external firewall - Internet)

As I just know is to run Postfix daemon process chrooted to strong the security. Is there any way to configure it?

I will be very appreciate someone can help~~
IMHO your time would be much better spent getting AppArmor setup for Postfix. Ubuntu ships with AppArmor enabled out-of-the-box, so half of the work (installation) is already done for you. And if the Ubuntu repositories have a profile for Postfix available, then you're smooth sailing. But even if they don't, creating a profile is relatively simple (compared to to other MAC solutions, such as SELinux). There's plenty of AppArmor HOWTOs on the Web.

Last edited by win32sux; 05-14-2008 at 08:02 AM.
 
Old 05-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
zazem
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2008
Posts: 9

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by win32sux View Post
Welcome to LQ! IMHO your time would be much better spent getting AppArmor setup for Postfix. Ubuntu ships with AppArmor enabled out-of-the-box, so half of the work (installation) is already done for you. And if the Ubuntu repositories have a profile for Postfix available, then you're smooth sailing. But even if they don't, creating a profile is relatively simple (compared to to other MAC solutions, such as SELinux). There's plenty of AppArmor HOWTOs on the Web.

Thanks win32sux, your reply is rapid.

currently i am writing the report for enhance the security via configuration. so any other good resources for it?

Cheers
 
Old 05-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
farslayer
Guru
 
Registered: Oct 2005
Location: Willoughby, Ohio
Distribution: linuxdebian
Posts: 7,232
Blog Entries: 5

Rep: Reputation: 189Reputation: 189
Lots of Google results that are relevant..

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ix&btnG=Search
 
Old 05-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
zazem
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2008
Posts: 9

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by farslayer View Post
Lots of Google results that are relevant..

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ix&btnG=Search
Thanks farslayer
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LXer: Anatomy of Security-Enhance Linux LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 05-03-2008 01:41 PM
postfix security events gabsik Linux - Security 4 03-14-2007 04:10 AM
LXer: Enhance security with file encryption tools LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 02-08-2007 10:54 PM
enhance security from passwd file KitshiNg Linux - Security 1 11-19-2005 05:23 PM
Postfix+OpenLDAP+Oracle+Security lynos Linux - Networking 0 08-29-2005 09:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration