Originally Posted by kirukan
Please anybody help me to shortout this problem. How to create linux group and user when SELinux enforcing.
groupadd: cannot rewrite group file
I have received above mentioned issue when i have executed groupadd command
Check the following things-
- Check if other processes are eating up the space on the device.
- Is your filesystem mounted as rw (run mount command)
- If possible reboot the system and then try.
- Try, disabling the SELinux (setenforce 0) and then after adding the group tomcat, again enable it (setenforce 1).
- Are you able to create users ?
- Are you root, (I am sure about this but still asking
- Permissions of /etc/group
These are the basic troubleshooting steps (apart from rebooting), I would try. Try these, and get back.