I'm thinking of writing a more general how-to on chrooting daemons, what I think of including:
1. What is a chrooted daemon?
- explanation (with directory tree comparison)
2. Why do I need that?
3. Explanation for the usage of
4. How do I chroot a daemon[list=a][*]- which daemons can be chrooted in general
- where is chrooting too much time-consulting compared to the benefits (sendmail for instance)[*]how to determine required files/libraries[*]creating the jail, copying required files/libraries, adjust permissions[/list=a]
5. attacking chrooted daemons
6. chrooting at the example of MySQL
Anybody has comments / suggestions on the content or anything else ?