Linux - Screencasts and ScreenshotsThis forum is for the discussion and display of Linux screencasts. Screenshots are also included in each thread.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Distribution: Debian, Red Hat, Slackware, Fedora, Ubuntu
ExTiX 16.1 Screencast and Screenshots
ExTiX 16.1 Screencast
I have made a new version of ExTiX – The Ultimate Linux System. I call it ExTiX 16.1 LXQt Live DVD. (The previous version was 15.4).
ExTiX 16.1 LXQt DVD 64 bit is based on Debian 8.2 Jessie/Debian 9 Stretch and Ubuntu 15.10. The original system includes the Desktop Environment Unity (Ubuntu). After removing Unity I have installed LXQt 0.10.0. LXQt is the Qt port and the upcoming version of LXDE, the Lightweight Desktop Environment. It is the product of the merge between the LXDE-Qt and the Razor-qt projects: A lightweight, modular, blazing-fast and user-friendly desktop environment.
NEWS ABOUT ExTiX 16.1 build 160120 with LXQt Desktop environment
1. ExTiX LXQt is based on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf. LXQt 0.10.0 (not in Ubuntu’s repositories) is used as Desktop environment. All packages have been updated to the latest version by 160120. Kernel 4.4.0-0-exton is used. (Kernel.org‘s kernel 4.4). Ubuntu 15.10 uses kernel 4.2.
2. Google Chrome is used as Web Browser, which makes it possible to watch Netflix movies. It is not possible in Firefox (in Linux).
3. I have also installed BlueGriffon Web Editor. BlueGriffon is a new WYSIWYG content editor for the World Wide Web. Powered by Gecko, the rendering engine of Firefox, it’s a modern and robust solution to edit Web pages in conformance to the latest Web Standards. Only to be compared with Dreamweaver. (In my opinion).
4. Other included important/useful packages are: LibreOffice, Thunderbird, GParted, Brasero, SMPlayer, GCC and other compilation tools so that you can install packages from source. Furthermore “all” multimedia codecs. Everything the average Linux user could wish for I would say.
5. I have also installed Nvidia Graphic driver 352.63 in the LXQt version. It has support for the following GPUs: Quadro K1200, Quadro M6000, GeForce 920M, GeForce 930A, GeForce 930M, GeForce 940M, GeForce GTX 950M, GeForce GTX 960M and GeForce GTX TITAN X. This driver will be used automatically if your card is supported.