LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - News (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-news-59/)
-   -   Two New Distribution Fora at LQ: CentOS and elementary (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-news-59/two-new-distribution-fora-at-lq-centos-and-elementary-4175511421/)

jeremy 07-17-2014 02:43 PM

Two New Distribution Fora at LQ: CentOS and elementary
 
Due to a Policy Change, official participation is no longer required for some distributions to have a distro forum here at LQ. This has resulted in the creation of two new distribution fora:

CentOS: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/centos-*-111/
elementary: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...ntary-%2A-112/

If you have any feedback, let us know.

--jeremy

castel 08-01-2014 12:41 PM

New
 
I am Gabriel Castel. I am glad to be here, have not yet problems but hope to learn

Timmi 08-04-2014 03:29 AM

hi, good change.

Would it be possible to also have sections for:

Pinguy

Peppermint

thanks

jeremy 08-04-2014 09:52 AM

As the Policy Change thread notes, a distro forum for non-participating distros will only be automatically created for those in the DW Top 10. All other distros are welcome to participate and have a forum here at LQ, however. If you know someone associated with either disto and think they'd be interested in having a forum at LQ, please have them contact me.


--jeremy

Timmi 08-05-2014 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy (Post 5214690)
As the Policy Change thread notes, a distro forum for non-participating distros will only be automatically created for those in the DW Top 10. All other distros are welcome to participate and have a forum here at LQ, however. If you know someone associated with either disto and think they'd be interested in having a forum at LQ, please have them contact me.
--jeremy

I understand. But I stumbled upon a post by you, welcoming Dragora, just hatched and already has it's own forum:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...um-4175504091/

So I thought, if Dragora, why not something better known and that has been around longer?

PrinceCruise 08-05-2014 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmi (Post 5215220)
So I thought, if Dragora, why not something better known and that has been around longer?

That's because as he mentioned above, unless a Distro maintainer or any main crew member requests to open and willing to maintain the distro's fora here, it doesn't serve any purpose. I think that has been the norm here.

Regards.

jeremy 08-05-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmi (Post 5215220)
I understand. But I stumbled upon a post by you, welcoming Dragora, just hatched and already has it's own forum:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...um-4175504091/

So I thought, if Dragora, why not something better known and that has been around longer?

Multiple people associated with the Dragora distribution are participating here at LQ.

--jeremy

Timmi 08-05-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy (Post 5215459)
Multiple people associated with the Dragora distribution are participating here at LQ.--jeremy

Multiple is like a few, right? Like at least 3? ;-p

OK guys, I did not know that it had to be maintained by someone on the crew - I misunderstood that new policy change thing.

Pity, because both their respective forums seem to be on thinly-spread ressources, and I feel they may benefit from having a more centralized forum like here, where ressources are shared in common, and more people visit.

jeremy 08-05-2014 12:09 PM

Do keep in mind that more than a single participant is not a requirement and the participation requirements are quite minimal. If you think there is a distro that would benefit from participation here, feel free to put us in touch and we'd be happy to explain the benefits to them.

--jeremy

Timmi 08-06-2014 06:31 PM

hmm... that's what I though I was doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmi (Post 5214491)
Would it be possible to also have sections for:
Pinguy
Peppermint

thanks

I don't know them personally though - they have contact details on their respective websites.

I feel that there is another one that definitely deserves attention:
SolydXK as it is the continuation of the former Mint LMDE project. definitely some clout and credibility there even though it is a brand new distro name.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.