"Linux Day 2011'' Bangladesh, Celebrating 20th Birthday of Linux
August 25, 1991, A student of IT in Helsinki University, named Torvalds Linus had announced the first release of a free and open source kernel named “LINUX”. From that day till today LINUX had travelled a long way and conquered the world of Server Operating Systems. But now it is not only a server OS but also very much popular in desktop computing world. To spread out this information to the IT lovers of Bangladesh and to make them understand the power of Linux based OSs and Open Source Softwares, Foundation for Open Source Solutions Bangladesh is organizing a whole day program at Teachers-Students Center (TSC) at Dhaka University as to celebrate the 20th Birthday of Linux, “LINUX DAY - 2011”. If you are a technology lover please join us at the program.
Date & Time: August 25, 2011, Thursday. Starts from 10:00 AM.
Place: Teachers-Students Center (TSC), Dhaka University
1. We will start for a rally on 10:00 AM from the Public Library gate at Shahbag and the rally will round up through Raju Monument, Shaheed Minar, Bangla Academy and ends at the Pakhi Chattar at Dhaka University.
2. At 10:30 AM the main program will began at the lobby and games room of TSC and there will be a show of Banners and Festoons and Paper Dongles featuring the Power of Open Source and Linux, History and timeline of Linux, Organization working for Open Source and Linux promotions etc. This program will be open for all.
3. A video show will be there for all featuring the enthusiasts and lovers of Linux and organizations working for Open Source and Linux promotions and contributions.
4. At Afternoon from 16:00 a conversation will be started to share information and knowledge among the invited guests and enthusiasts and the visitors came the show and program.
5. Moreover there will be an arrangement where the the visitors may collect their desired Linux in ISO format on Pen drive or in boot able format in CD/DVD media.
Asst. Co-Ordinator, Online Publications
“LINUX DAY - 2011” Celebration Committee
Foundation for Open Source Solutions Bangladesh (FOSS Bangladesh)