Calculate Linux 13 released
|Linux - News This forum is for original Linux News. If you'd like to write content for LQ, feel free to contact us.
All threads in the forum need to be approved before they will appear.
12-28-2012, 02:14 AM
Registered: Jun 2009
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Distribution: Calculate Linux
Calculate Linux 13 released
We are proud to announce the final release of Calculate Linux 13!
As ever, you are welcome to choose between Calculate Linux Desktop featuring either KDE (CLD), GNOME (CLDG) or XFCE (CLDX), Calculate Directory Server (CDS) for server solutions, Calculate Media Center (CMC) should you need any and, last but not least, scratch versions for those preferring minimal installations: Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS) and Calculate Scratch Server (CSS).
Main Changes and Fixes
- Meta-packages are no longer used to manage default dependencies.
- Portage files will be unpacked when booting for the first time.
- Better identification of NTFS partitions.
- Fixed the user profile configuration for VMware.
- Composite enabled by default for VMware.
- Should you want to replace main applications, their launch icons will be created correctly.
- In case the user modified the local Portage/overlay repositories, those can now be restored.
- Calculate Utilities were updated to 3.1.
- Full French translation now available.
- New features added for Calculate Console:
- joining host to a Calculate Directory Server domain;
- configuring user sessions;
- changing user passwords;
- viewing and editing variables' values for Calculate Utilities;
- world update.
- New configuration events added:
- Portage update;
- package removal.
- Meet a new tool, calculate-update: for the time being, it only handles the world file, but will be able to do much more soon.
- More functionality for configuration templates.
- Calculate Linux Desktop KDE:
- KDE was updated to 4.9.4.
- Calculate Linux Desktop GNOME:
- GNOME was updated to 3.4;
- AxeMenu replaced the standard menu;
- the Parcellite clipboard will be used from now on.
- Calculate Linux Desktop XFCE:
- a modified Adwaita theme is now used as the default one;
- Elementary comes as the default icon theme;
- the Geany IDE was added;
- the Shotwell photo manager was added;
- Catfish was integrated to the file manager for more efficient search;
- we switched to SMplayer as the default video player;
- Claws-Mail now comes with the Address Keeper plugin for address auto-completion.
- All dictionary packages were removed, for a slimmer distribution.
- Each CL edition is now featuring its own appearance theme.
Kernel and Software
- Calculate Directory Server:
- now able to run Jabber services with StartTLS;
- SMTP authentication added.
- CDS (Directory Server):
- Bind 9.9.2, Kernel 3.6.7, OpenLDAP 2.4.30, Postfix 2.9.4, ProFTPD 1.3.4a, Samba 3.6.9
- i686 - 637 M, x86_64 - 661 M
- CLD (KDE desktop):
- KDE 4.9.4, Amarok 2.6.0, digiKam 2.9.0, Chromium 23.0.1271.97, Kernel 3.6.7, LibreOffice 18.104.22.168
- i686 - 1.97 G, x86_64 - 2.18 G
- CLDG (GNOME desktop):
- Gnome 3.4, Gimp 2.8.2, Chromium 23.0.1271.97, Kernel 3.6.7, LibreOffice 22.214.171.124
- i686 - 1.51 G, x86_64 - 1.72 G
- CLDX (XFCE desktop):
- XFCE 4.10, Gimp 2.8.2, Chromium 23.0.1271.97, Kernel 3.6.7, LibreOffice 126.96.36.199
- i686 - 1.40 G, x86_64 - 1.60 G
- CMC (Media Center):
- XBMC 11.0, Kernel 3.6.7, Xorg-server 1.13.0
- i686 - 933 M, x86_64 - 1.09 G
- CLS (Linux Scratch):
- Openbox 3.5.0, Kernel 3.6.7, Xorg-server 1.13.0
- i686 - 648 M, x86_64 - 669 M
- CSS (Scratch Server):
- Kernel 3.6.7
- i686 - 370 M, x86_64 - 386 M
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing
Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute
content, let us know.