I'm not sure we will ever see the individual distros pairing up for promotions...especially paid promotions.
However, there are things we can all do, A bunch of small things add up!
1. Help a friend discover Linux, then another after that.
2. Join the Linux foundation, & get a linux.com email address.
3. Write a blog about your Linux experience.
4 Write a Linux Getting Started guide, (hopefully better than mine) http://tinara.netpipeline.net/apache...getstarted.php
5. Create a survey, like I did, (Links above, with the help of hundreds of suggestions)
6. Find someone doing great work with Linux, like Ken at Helios, http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/
and help em' by spreading the word, or a small donation in $, muscles, or hardware.
7. Buy a Penguin for some newb that is just getting started, and doing great things with Linux. (from openanimals.org). I have presented 2 of these, one is a college professor teaching a Microsoft class while at the same time introducing Linux in his classes..pure irony..!
(I am the after hours help desk for Linux questions, believe me, his students are really jazzed about Linux!)
8 If you have a Myspace, Linkedin or facebook...include information about your use of Linux.
I wont go on...just think about it...what can you "give back" to the Linux community?
We can overpower the Asus idiocy and MS FUD of the world if we work together.