LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > Linux - News
User Name
Password
Linux - News This forum is for original Linux News. If you'd like to write content for LQ, feel free to contact us.
All threads in the forum need to be approved before they will appear.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
raulofpandora
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Dec 2006
Distribution: Kubuntu
Posts: 4

Rep: Reputation: 0
Announcement - Pandora FMS 1.3.1 released


After a long period of testing, Pandora FMS (Free Monitoring System)team has finished development for this stable version that introduces several improvements for stability, performance increase and usability issues and a lot of bugfixes from 1.3 version.

New documentation

It is not really new, but about 60% of current documentation is new stuff and the other 40% has been revised. Added a lot of images and schemes and translation has been revised.

Tentacle

Pandora FMS 1.3.1 most important change is the fact of having Tentacle as a the official transfer method for Pandora FMS Agents. New agent versions are released, but SSH compatibility is maintained, so you don't need to change any agent if don't want to. Tentacle is a new protocol that supports SSL and X509 standard, multiplatform and client-server architecture, is used by Pandora FMS to copy XML data files from agents to Pandora FMS Data Server in a secure way.

New server options

Pandora FMS 1.3.1 comes with several new server options:

* Alert recovery notification.
* TCP/SNMP specific timeout.

Other new features

* Added an agent search filter in agents view (operation and administration mode).
* Now user is able to validate (Cease) manually an alert (new feature).
* Added a automatic installer for Pandora FMS servers.
* Full documentation in Spanish and English (PDF). Online documentation is also present.
* Created a Nagios to Pandora FMS migration tool.

Also a full fixed bug list is available in our online documentation Wiki.

Pandora FMS is an OpenSource Software project, published under GPL
license.

If you want to contribute, we are always looking for help, please contact us if you want to help out with translations, beta-testing, giving support to other users or coding.

http://pandora.sourceforge.net
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FMS Interactive 3.0 Linux Crashing on CentOS 5 Kernel 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5PAE oldscratch Linux - Software 2 01-12-2010 06:45 AM
Pandora FMS 1.2 Released raulofpandora Linux - Software 2 05-08-2008 01:33 PM
Pandora Problems willtell Linux - Newbie 0 04-23-2008 06:50 PM
Watching Hulu (or Pandora) outside the US wild_oscar Linux - General 2 12-23-2007 09:01 AM
Pandora.com / Firefox / No Sound chasingmytail Slackware 5 09-30-2006 05:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration