After a long period of testing, Pandora FMS (Free Monitoring System)team has finished development for this stable version that introduces several improvements for stability, performance increase and usability issues and a lot of bugfixes from 1.3 version.
It is not really new, but about 60% of current documentation is new stuff and the other 40% has been revised. Added a lot of images and schemes and translation has been revised.
Pandora FMS 1.3.1 most important change is the fact of having Tentacle as a the official transfer method for Pandora FMS Agents. New agent versions are released, but SSH compatibility is maintained, so you don't need to change any agent if don't want to. Tentacle is a new protocol that supports SSL and X509 standard, multiplatform and client-server architecture, is used by Pandora FMS to copy XML data files from agents to Pandora FMS Data Server in a secure way.
New server options
Pandora FMS 1.3.1 comes with several new server options:
* Alert recovery notification.
* TCP/SNMP specific timeout.
Other new features
* Added an agent search filter in agents view (operation and administration mode).
* Now user is able to validate (Cease) manually an alert (new feature).
* Added a automatic installer for Pandora FMS servers.
* Full documentation in Spanish and English (PDF). Online documentation is also present.
* Created a Nagios to Pandora FMS migration tool.
Also a full fixed bug list is available in our online documentation Wiki.
Pandora FMS is an OpenSource Software project, published under GPL
If you want to contribute, we are always looking for help, please contact us if you want to help out with translations, beta-testing, giving support to other users or coding.