Linux - NewbieThis Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question?
If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
what is that yum-updatesd do? how can we install in the linux box. I am little bit confused; the last time i install Centos 5.2 on my comp it was there and now when i install in another comp it is not there? did i miss any thing during installation or has it to be manually configured? what is the function of yum-updatesd.conf file? Please help me as i m quite new to linux and therefore so my questions?
hi dear , yum-updatesd service is use on repo. creation .
HOw to create repo written below:
1. Copy "Server" directory from the CD/DVD in ur system.
2. Once copied Move in that directory for eg. u copied dir. in /home/Server/ so U HAVE TO MOVE IN THE SAME DIR. /home/Server/
3. Then run this command rpm -ivh --aid createrepo....tab press.
4. Go in the direc. /etc/yum.repos.d/
5. u will find one file here rhel.repo, make a same copy of that file with different name / for eg : xyz.repo.
open that file write base url in that file : for eg: baseurl-file:///home/Server
baseurl should be same as you copied your "Server" directory..
gpg check =0;enabeld=1,last line should be commented..
SAVE THAT FILE
6. run command createrepo -v path where u copied than ENTER
7. After that u have to use service yum-updatesd restart
8. run "chkconfig yum-updated on"
9. now ur repository is created in your system n install any rpm without showing dependencies...basically it helps to remove dependency..