what is that yum-updatesd do? how can we install in the linux box. I am little bit confused; the last time i install Centos 5.2 on my comp it was there and now when i install in another comp it is not there? did i miss any thing during installation or has it to be manually configured? what is the function of yum-updatesd.conf file? Please help me as i m quite new to linux and therefore so my questions?
Thanks in advance...
Please send us the result of:
Hi Chris Abela thanks for your help... here are the results of the command you have asked for:
1.service yum-updatesd status
yum-updatesd: unrecgoznized service.
2. chkconfig --list yum-updatesd
error reading information on service yum-updatesd: No such file or directory.
Awaiting your response....
It's an automatic updater. Frankly, if I were you, I'd disable it and manage updates manually (as in use "yum update"). You may not want all packaged to automatically update.
If you do want it, I'm surprised it isn't installed, but if not, and you want it, try
yum install yum-updatesd
hi dear , yum-updatesd service is use on repo. creation .
HOw to create repo written below:
1. Copy "Server" directory from the CD/DVD in ur system.
2. Once copied Move in that directory for eg. u copied dir. in /home/Server/ so U HAVE TO MOVE IN THE SAME DIR. /home/Server/
3. Then run this command rpm -ivh --aid createrepo....tab press.
4. Go in the direc. /etc/yum.repos.d/
5. u will find one file here rhel.repo, make a same copy of that file with different name / for eg : xyz.repo.
open that file write base url in that file : for eg: baseurl-file:///home/Server
baseurl should be same as you copied your "Server" directory..
gpg check =0;enabeld=1,last line should be commented..
SAVE THAT FILE
6. run command createrepo -v path where u copied than ENTER
7. After that u have to use service yum-updatesd restart
8. run "chkconfig yum-updated on"
9. now ur repository is created in your system n install any rpm without showing dependencies...basically it helps to remove dependency..
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.|