lets go back a step.
did they explain why they wanted your ath5k module blacklisted?
if not, why not? Did you tell them you were a beginner?
if not, what alternative did they offer you?
2) since you have already done a clean install....what I am suggesting to you...since you can get on the net ...you have notes howto do it the opensuse way....so no harm in following my suggestions (for now)
3) use root powers to open a text editor and remove the ath5k from the blacklist file
ath5k is not on the dvd.....its a kernel module..you can load kernel modules manually....have the system load modules using a kernel module file....such as /etc/modules.conf or the system can load modules on demand.
so I would like you to try manually first.
Open a terminal and get root power....if you use sudo then the next bit becomes
sudo modprobe ath5k instead of what I have written
4) but assuming that module loads....its only available while you do not shut down or reboot.
I do not have your hardware so can not help there but assuming it loads....we can test it has loaded.
if it reports module not found......----> I have failed you
if no error report we can check if it has loaded by running another command in the terminal which I would like you to keep open
lsmod | grep ath5k
5) You then need to use your network manager to configure the wireless settings.
I do not use Opensuse so not sure how you do it.
but these might help?
Be aware the next link...competes against ath5k....it uses a windows driver
6) at just to attempt to confuse you more?
your network manager should have only one setting...meaning remove any WIRED or ethernet settings as you are using wifi.
the same is true of old dial up versus wifi versus ethernet.
ps the first link indicates some succeeded without needing windows drivers thru ndiswrapper...and not using madwifi
you do have options but I have attempted to be more verbose so if you want to use the opensuse forums....ask them politely that they need to explain why they want you to do something.
provide a link please so others can assist?