LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Complete CCNA, CCNP & Red Hat Certification Training Bundle
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
pavanaaroshni
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2013
Posts: 9

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Why linux suck so baddly?


I am not new to linux but have regularlrty run it, and I dislike its featureset. How do you epext it to stick around when windows 8/7 is so far better than linux?
 
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
m.a.l.'s pa
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2007
Location: albuquerque
Posts: 228

Rep: Reputation: 62
And here I've wasted all these years happily running Linux, only to find out from the OP that Windows 7 and Windows 8 are better. That's it, I'm wiping my hard drives and going back to Windows.
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
jdkaye
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Dec 2008
Location: Westgate-on-Sea, Kent, UK
Distribution: Debian Testing Amd64
Posts: 5,464

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Post Reported.
 
Old 08-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
pavanaaroshni
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2013
Posts: 9

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkaye View Post
Post Reported.
Oh boo-hoo you dont like my opinion so you report me. Booohoooo. woe is you.
 
Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
szboardstretcher
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Distribution: GNU/Linux systemd
Posts: 4,204

Rep: Reputation: 1611Reputation: 1611Reputation: 1611Reputation: 1611Reputation: 1611Reputation: 1611Reputation: 1611Reputation: 1611Reputation: 1611Reputation: 1611Reputation: 1611
How about this.

There is no benchmark that exists that says windows 8 is better than linux. You are basing your opinion off of limited knowledge, and leading you to believe in false data.

Have a nice day. Calm down.
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
pavanaaroshni
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2013
Posts: 9

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkaye View Post
Post Reported.
fascism reported
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
cascade9
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2011
Location: Brisneyland
Distribution: Debian, aptosid
Posts: 3,753

Rep: Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934Reputation: 934
Quoting a 2 word post twice, with different responses. Trying to up the ante? That make it obvious you are trolling.
 
Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
TroN-0074
Senior Member
 
Registered: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan USA
Distribution: OpenSUSE 13.2 64bit-Gnome on ASUS U52F
Posts: 1,444

Rep: Reputation: 340Reputation: 340Reputation: 340Reputation: 340
There is always somebody out there without enough drama in their real life that has to bring the drama to the LQ forums.

If you like windows better then good for you yo! this forum is to provide help to people with questions. I dont see anything helpful on your post.

Enjoy and good luck to you.

Last edited by TroN-0074; 08-05-2013 at 10:40 AM.
 
Old 08-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
linuxguy7820
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2011
Distribution: CentOS, RHEL, Fedora
Posts: 35

Rep: Reputation: 0
Your argument is illogical. All Microsoft products are code locked and feature fat. Linux is a kernel based OS where you add in the freetures that you want and will actually use. It's an OS by your design. It takes a creative mind with a good technical prowess to be able design your own OS - that's why the Linux kernel is used on most devices and powers most high end websites. Microsoft has been around since the early 80's and hasn't progressed much based the monopoly of a fat PC; Google on the other hand has only been around since 2000 or so and is strictly Linux based. Who do you think has a real future. If you want simple, expensive, non-customizable stick with M$ - if you want flexible, expandable, designable, and inexpensive switch to open source if you can or dare.
 
Old 08-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #10
ntubski
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Distribution: Arch
Posts: 3,136

Rep: Reputation: 1336Reputation: 1336Reputation: 1336Reputation: 1336Reputation: 1336Reputation: 1336Reputation: 1336Reputation: 1336Reputation: 1336Reputation: 1336
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxguy7820 View Post
Your argument is illogical.
I don't think the OP actually put forward any argument whatsoever, just some opinions.
 
Old 08-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
salsalinux
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2013
Location: Utah
Distribution: Mint, Debian, CentOS
Posts: 10

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
What Operating System is better is not really a science, it's more of a feeling. Many people feel that Windows is better, but maybe they have never run clusters or datacenters, or had to modify software because they needed additional features. Many people feel that Linux is better because it is faster, manages memory better, has more native features for servers, and command line is easier to use, plus it has less crashes. I feel that Linux is better because it is my Operating System. I can customize the kernel up to how many panels I want on my desktop. Windows limits you on what you can see in the code and visually.

Different strokes for different folks, but all folks are equal...at least in America....for a little longer.
 
Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #12
linuxpokernut
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2007
Distribution: Slackware 14
Posts: 237
Blog Entries: 8

Rep: Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroN-0074 View Post
There is always somebody out there without enough drama in their real life that has to bring the drama to the LQ forums.

If you like windows better then good for you yo! this forum is to provide help to people with questions. I dont see anything helpful on your post.

Enjoy and good luck to you.
We even help with windows sometimes.

OP, enjoy what ever OS you like. I personally like features of both Linux and Windows, and use both.
 
Old 08-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
linosaurusroot
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2012
Distribution: OpenSuSE,RHEL,Fedora,OpenBSD
Posts: 982
Blog Entries: 2

Rep: Reputation: 244Reputation: 244Reputation: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanaaroshni View Post
Oh boo-hoo you dont like my opinion so you report me. Booohoooo. woe is you.
Well to be fair you posted an inflammatory opinion based on no facts whatever. The feature set allows you to do computing. If that's not what you want maybe an etch-a-sketch is more to your liking.

Windows 7,8 weren't even available when some of us started using Linux in the 1990s. Software that exists is better than software that doesn't.
 
Old 08-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
Firerat
Senior Member
 
Registered: Oct 2008
Distribution: Debian Jessie / sid
Posts: 1,471

Rep: Reputation: 444Reputation: 444Reputation: 444Reputation: 444Reputation: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanaaroshni View Post
I am not new to linux but have regularlrty run it, and I dislike its featureset. How do you epext it to stick around when windows 8/7 is so far better than linux?
Never really used windows 7/8 and you have me intrigued.
Do tell me why windows 7/8 is so much better and how my computing life will improve should I make the switch.
 
Old 08-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #15
pavanaaroshni
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2013
Posts: 9

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
most of you are very sensetive. you should look into that.

Firerath: i like my ubuntu installation i use it alot.

i like my windows 8 instalation better because, i can play skyrim and REAL visio, not dia or some other crap. And additionally i installed a newer printer and it did not take a week searching through forums and websites to find a cups driver for it.

so i nmy experienve, windows is better than linux.
 
  


Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant: MacRumors sucks, Mac people suck, Macs suck. lupusarcanus General 6 11-28-2010 05:26 AM
I Suck At Linux!!! mwsBlake Linux - General 11 07-19-2007 10:01 PM
confused baddly on steeing DNS to right Machine wolfsar Linux - Networking 2 01-21-2007 12:15 PM
Does Linux Suck!!!! Agent0013 Slackware 19 03-02-2004 02:58 PM
Linux fonts Suck!! lethalinjection Linux - General 8 02-07-2004 11:58 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration