Originally posted by Squall
1. cp ~/.bashrc ~/.bashbackup
2. *name of text editor* ~/.bashrc
3. go to an empty line
4. write on empty line:
6. exit editor
7. send me some money
8. type the same thing into your regular console
10. send me more money
11. Congradulations, you are now a h4x0r
I can think of a couple of things wrong with this...
2. the person is trying to fix a trouble with his text editor not being in his path, so "*name of text editor* ~/.bashrc" isn't going to do squat.
4. this needs fixin..."[code]" has nothing to do with bash variables
11. a "h4x0r" probably wouldn't be using Kwrite
7. & 10. $$ > Squall (there's you money =oD)
As an alternative, Vim is an excellent editor for both user and root...type "vimtutor" for some help