Thanks for the command, I will try it when I get back to my system. However, I think I may have solved the issue, or at least it seems to be working.
Here is what I did, (remember complete newb with Linux, and more advanced users may think this is overkill).
Re-installed the system (Don't think this was actually necessary, but easier to blow everything away and restart, I am going to become an expert in the installation procedure). Is there such a thing as "go back to" point?
First, I think the card was always there, but using /sbin/lspci only gave me the top level stuff, I needed to use /sbin/lspci -v to get a full listing of all pci devices.
Second, I downloaded the firmware upgrades dvb-ttpci-01.fw-2622 from LinuxTV/download/dvb/firmware and then using the move command (mv) to move and rename them into /lib/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw
Third, I ran the following commands (This may have been overkill, as some of the files may have been installed automatically by modprobe when the others were ran)
There was one other file, but I can't remember what it was (I am not at my linux system right now), but it was linked to the dvb_core and dvb_ttpci files when I used /sbin/lsmod
The following directory was created and populated with files, but only after I rebooted the system /dev/dvb/adapter0/
Well onto the next step, and probably next question.