hey guys, found my old eeeBox B202 I forgot I had a while ago and decided I'd like to make homeserver/multimediabox with roughly these features:
- Stream Video to a different device
- SAMBA server (all my videos, mp3s, docs, etc. would end up on this machine)
- hook up some speakers and use it as a jukebox
- VPN to it
- some sort of LAMP configuration (started messing around with ruby)
- if possible, run video on a connected screen
now I'm not asking for any tutorials or anything like that, more like a guideline of "stuff" i have to look into, seeing is that i'm a complete Linux newb. and if my goals are realistic.
My first research results show me i can play music from the terminal but i can't seem to find the same for video.
The specs of the eeeBox are:
Processor : Intel Atom N270 (1.6 GHz, FSB 533)
Memory : 2GB DDR2
VGA : On-board Intel GMA 950, 1600 x 1200 max resolution
any help would be greatly appreciated
(if I wasn't clear enough or forgot to add some important information I'll gladly add it