I'm not exactly too sure what I'm doing wrong here..
I start logged in as root.
# useradd -p passwd test // makes user
# su colabus // logs in as "colabus"
# su test // while logged in as colabus, try log in under "test" as was just made.
Password: // entered in "passwd"
su: Authentication failure // pass is entered in fine, no caps or typing error
Sorry. // fails..
What am I doing wrong?
Also can someone give me the rundown with managing users?
1. Is there a way to list all users?
2. How can I restrict each users commands?
3. Can I list each users permissions?
4. Can I list group permissions?
5. Are all those other users, ftp, sshd, nobody, proxy important?