LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
ramesh_india2020
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2006
Posts: 39

Rep: Reputation: 1
want to see all my ip's


Hi friend,

I want to see all my ip's inside server. ip a command and ifconfig not working . Because i am under su root login. Is there any possibilities to view all my IP reside in the server.. Please help me


I am using CentOS release 5.5 (Final) server.

Thanks,
Ramesh
 
Old 09-18-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
sem007
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2006
Distribution: RHEL, CentOS, Debian Lenny, Ubuntu
Posts: 638

Rep: Reputation: 111Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh_india2020 View Post
Hi friend,

I want to see all my ip's inside server. ip a command and ifconfig not working . Because i am under su root login. Is there any possibilities to view all my IP reside in the server.. Please help me


I am using CentOS release 5.5 (Final) server.

Thanks,
Ramesh
You can run ifconfig and ip addr command under su root login.

when you run command it gives any error?

Regards,

Last edited by sem007; 09-18-2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: typo
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:03 AM   #3
xeleema
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Location: D.i.t.h.o, Texas
Distribution: Slackware 13.x, rhel3/5, Solaris 8-10(sparc), HP-UX 11.x (pa-risc)
Posts: 987
Blog Entries: 4

Rep: Reputation: 252Reputation: 252Reputation: 252
Greetingz!

If you are not 'root' on a server, then you may not have the 'ifconfig' command in your path.
Try
/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a
or
/sbin/ifconfig -a
To see all of the configured network interfaces (eth0, eth1, eth2...) and the IP addresses assigned to them.

NOTE: to find out if a command is in your path, type 'which command_name'

Last edited by xeleema; 09-18-2010 at 01:04 AM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:30 AM   #4
ramesh_india2020
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2006
Posts: 39

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 1
Many Thanks.. It worked... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem007 View Post
You can run ifconfig and ip addr command under su root login.

when you run command it gives any error?

Regards,
 
Old 09-18-2010, 01:30 AM   #5
ramesh_india2020
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2006
Posts: 39

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 1
Many Thanks.. It worked... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeleema View Post
Greetingz!

If you are not 'root' on a server, then you may not have the 'ifconfig' command in your path.
Try
/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a
or
/sbin/ifconfig -a
To see all of the configured network interfaces (eth0, eth1, eth2...) and the IP addresses assigned to them.

NOTE: to find out if a command is in your path, type 'which command_name'
 
Old 09-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #6
sem007
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2006
Distribution: RHEL, CentOS, Debian Lenny, Ubuntu
Posts: 638

Rep: Reputation: 111Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh_india2020 View Post
Many Thanks.. It worked... :-)
You are wel-come.
when you swith use use "-" it will provide login sell of user.

Code:
su - username
Regards,
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
only allow certain ip's Pengoo Linux - Newbie 4 06-04-2009 05:33 PM
IPTables - Multiple Public IP's to private IP's matneyc Linux - Security 8 05-27-2005 01:23 PM
multipls IP's bhughesiii Linux - Networking 1 12-20-2004 12:03 PM
More ip's ThePlague Linux - Networking 1 02-02-2002 05:19 PM
ip's Syphon Linux - Networking 1 01-18-2002 08:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration