I am running Slackware 10.1, with kernel 2.6.10, using Xfce as my window manager. I have a Voodoo3 2000 for a video card. I just switched from Windows 2000. My problem is:
1. When I run any video clip, it lags so much it renders the video unwatchable(i.e. it just shows a few frames every few seconds).
2. I installed Noegnud, but that is extremely laggy as well.
3. Lierosdl simply changes the resolution, and the backround is black lines, with the space in between those line transparent, so that I can see the desktop behind the game. It also is extremely laggy.
This obviously is a problem with my confguration, so I was wondering:
1. Which kernel modules do I need to install for Voodoo 3 Hardware Acceleration, and to generally improve the performance of my video card?
2. Which packages do I need to use to improve video card performance.
3. Anything else that might get these problems resolved.
Thank you for your attention,