Ok It booted into the live dvd which is what I was wanted to see. The integrity check is to check the DVD for errors before you install the mint. You should see a icon saying install mint Linux below the Home folder on the desktop The idea is to re-install from the dvd see if anything changes.
Does the live dvd have your wireless card active and you can connect to the internet or do you have to use a ethernet cable. I am going to say this may not work but we need to try this and see if the install run better.
Installing from DVD steps..
1. Click the install mint linux icon [if this icon is not there tell me. Look in the menu for.]
below the home folder a window will open. Pick native language.
Link for installing Linux mint below so you can view this it will give you a visual reference. The is not my video but I based my steps on it.
2. Installation type pick the option "Erase disk and install Linux mint" the will wipe the old one and install from the dvd.
3. Next the pick your location where you live.
4. Next is keyboard layout which is english if you live in the USA.
5. Next user name and password. I would use a easy password to remember. the computers name I would call it acer_desktop you can not leave it blank. after this the Installation from the dvd will start coping the the files to the hard drive. depending on how fast your system is it could take 10-30 mins.
Once the install is done reboot and remove the dvd. Than we will see if the computer will boot into
mint desktop. If nothing went wrong. The next step is to update the installation.
6. Go to the menu search for update manager click refresh once it reloads update everything that needs updating. Ok I am stopping there if we get passed all this above we are good. Good Luck.