I wish it was that easy my friend!
I have tried all the options with the serial but it's still not working...
Ok.. could you please guide on this..
My host is WINDOWS SERVER 2008 and my guest is Debian Squeeze.
1. I have gone to the Serial Port Setting in VirtualBox.
2. Enabled Serial Port is checked.
3. Port Number : COM1
4. Port mode is : Host Pipe.
5. (Create Pipe) is checked.
6. Port File/Path: \\.\pipe\COM1
7. I started Putty.
8. Choosed Serial Mode
9. In Serial line : \\.\pipe\COM1
10. In Speed: I tried 9600 and 115200
I am getting the following error when I click Open in Putty to open the connect:
Unable to open connection to:
Unable to open serial port