LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #1
nagavinodh
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2009
Posts: 118

Rep: Reputation: 15
Virtual host


Hi,
I need to run different applications from different servers and connect these applications.

is it possible to redirect via apache server.
Os:red hat4.2
Apache version2.0.63
Here different server has different applications.
We installed the apache on 172.19.0.25.
172.19.0.23 has two applications

http://server1.yan.com:8001/
http://server1.yan.com:8011/
I would like to redirect these applications through apache as proxy (172.19.0.25).

Last edited by nagavinodh; 11-11-2009 at 07:00 AM.
 
Old 11-12-2009, 02:32 AM   #2
centosboy
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: london
Distribution: centos5
Posts: 1,137

Rep: Reputation: 116Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagavinodh View Post
Hi,
I need to run different applications from different servers and connect these applications.

is it possible to redirect via apache server.
Os:red hat4.2
Apache version2.0.63
Here different server has different applications.
We installed the apache on 172.19.0.25.
172.19.0.23 has two applications

http://server1.yan.com:8001/
http://server1.yan.com:8011/
I would like to redirect these applications through apache as proxy (172.19.0.25).

have a look at mod_proxy for apache

Code:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html
 
Old 11-12-2009, 04:02 AM   #3
nagavinodh
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2009
Posts: 118

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
virtaul host at apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by centosboy View Post
have a look at mod_proxy for apache

Code:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html
thanks for reply.
I tried to use the mod_proxy.I don't know how to add the entry in httpd.conf.
apache
 
Old 11-13-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
centosboy
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: london
Distribution: centos5
Posts: 1,137

Rep: Reputation: 116Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagavinodh View Post
thanks for reply.
I tried to use the mod_proxy.I don't know how to add the entry in httpd.conf.
apache
look at some examples

Code:
http://www.helicontech.com/ape/doc/mod_proxy.htm
you dont have to add the entries in httpd.conf. you can add them in /etc/httpd/conf.d/filename.conf or a .htaccess file

Last edited by centosboy; 11-13-2009 at 07:30 AM.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Apache2 - virtual host defaulting to default host slimjim Linux - Server 1 10-31-2009 01:47 AM
Adding virtual interface for IP based virtual host pridefc Linux - General 6 03-16-2008 03:52 PM
virtual users and virtual host need to stay at /home nephish Linux - Networking 3 01-14-2006 01:36 PM
Virtual Host abridge Linux - Software 1 04-13-2005 07:35 AM
VIrtual host thep Linux - General 10 08-06-2002 11:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration