Thank you for reviewing my situation. I really appreciate your
All my statements are prefixed with an * ----before my text.
*---Here's the story so far.....I've got a third party software that I'd like to upload to my dreamhost account. It prevents people stealing your download links, and it demands an IonCube loader for it to work.
*---I'm new to all this and I don't understand when to write what commands in Shell to get an IonCube loader in my dreamhost account.
1. Which operating system you are using?
2. Which PHP version you are using?
=>5.2 or 12 (I forget now)
3. Is your PHP build threaded or not?
4. Where your php.ini file is?
The 'php.ini Install Assistant' link on the installation helper PHP script is provided to assist with this. Access the script from a web server or a PHP cli or cgi executable and it should tell you which Loader to install, which file to edit and what you need to add (it's just a one line change).....?
*---I had no luck with this at all
*---I have Putty and it seems to like me, although I feel like a Hacker
somehow going into the depths of Dreamhost.......scary, slightly!
*---Anyhow, I just don't get it and I need some assistance, if possible.
*---Here are some terms I've received that I don't understand.....
The Linux Loader for PHP 5.2 releases is required..?
Looking for Loader 'ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so'
Run-time loading is not currently possible....
*---What's an alternative to Run-time loading?
*---Can anyone, brilliant, help me get for instance a tar.gz file
*---Below is some help I found online and it didn't work.....
//In order to view encoded ionCube files on your server you need the ionCube loader. This is a free plugin for Apache web server that only takes a few minutes to install and is well worth it.
- Root Shell access to your server
- phpinfo page: create a new document and call it phpinfo.php. Inside place phpinfo(); Place this document in your www directory so you can view it and see all your PHP settings.
Installing ionCube Loader:
1. Download the program and store it on your server using wget or FTP.
2. Unpack the program
tar -zxvf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
3. cd ioncube
4. copy ioncube-loader-helper.php to a web directory such as your hosting directory and open it in your
cp ioncube-loader-helper.php /home/userdirectoryhere/www
Then open it http://www.yourdomai...ader-helper.php
The output should be something similar to:
Analysis of your system configuration shows:
PHP Version 5.2.5
Operating System Linux
Threaded PHP No
php.ini file /usr/local/lib/php.ini
Required Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so
5. Now lets move the iconcube directory to a permanent location:
mv ioncube /usr/local
6. Now that you know the location of php.ini you need to edit it.
Now find where other zend extentions are in the file.
ctrl + w: zend_extension
Paste in your new line for ioncube loader
zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so
7. Save the changes
ctrl + X then Y and enter
8. Restart the web server to take effect.
Success! You should now see a section in your PHP Info page that says:
Module Name ionCube Loader
*---Has anyone any suggestions as to how they can help me....
Thanks once again for reviewing this....