Unresolved Debian on Vostro 1500
Unresolved Debian on Vostro 1500.
As noted in other threads I've published so far, I have just installed Debian Etch on a laptop Vostro 1500, is also well known that unless I'm new to Linux,
I have these problems ...
1. Setting webcam.
2. Class keys [fn]. and special characteristic of this laptop.
3. Skype was the first external software, and then damage: runs but texts are not displayed, they are stains
4. The microphone does not work.
5. Setting a VPN, the power required to connect to my workplace from home.
6. Riding a utility that allows me to open a remote desktop session to a Windows.
7. Play a DVD original, comes "The source seems encrypted, and can not read. Are you trying to play an encrypted DVD without libdvdcss?
Why don't you install Debian Lenny by now? It is quite stable already (I'm writing this under Lenny) and in a short time it will be considered stable officially too. Etch has very outdated software, so I really recommend to upgrade. I think some of your problems will be solved with this.
nd How do I upgrade from Etch to Lenny?
Reinstalling Debian from a weekly snapshot CD (Lenny) is a good idea (download here).
Or you can add the debian lenny repositories to your sources.list file, and update every package on your system.
Of course you also can (and is advised) change the debian mirror server for your country. As you can see in the "debain official packages 2" section, there is uk in the address. You can choose the closest mirror server from this list.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.|