I am a newbie to linux and have been given a project to to create a Bootable Linux CD to install different Windows clients over network using unattended scripts.
Here are the steps which should be taken during the whole process:
1. Computer will be booted with a Linux boot CD/USB Stick. While booting, it should detect and create a connection to the windows server.
2. After booting, The browser (firefox) should start and detect the MAC address of computer (I think its doable using Perl - no idea how though) then using PHP scripts the installation parameters such as domain name, computer name, type of installation etc should be sent over network to the unattended script situated on the windows server. (Note: there are four different kinds of WinXP installations, 11 different domain names, about 35 Customers and so on which will be given using the web browser)
3. After sending the Parameters the browser should be closed using scripts by clicking "send" or "finish" button" and the step four should begin automatically. And that is:
4. Mounting and Formatting of the HDD
5. After formatting the copying of the Windows Installation files from windows server to the fresh formatted HDD should also begin automatically.
6. Reboot (also automatically after the copying process is completed)
7. After booting the Installation should begin and install windows xp clients with given/sent installation parameters to unattended installation scripts.
Need some Ideas for the steps 2 to 6.
Thanx in advance for your help and guidence.