unable to run video with hardware capabilities on pandaboard
I am trying to run xbmc on Pandaboard. Here are the steps I followed
1. installed ubuntu 12.04 (armhf) from http://rcn-ee.net/deb/rootfs/precise...2-09-10.tar.xz
2. installed ubuntu-omap-extras (sudo apt-get install ubuntu-omap-extras) after adding TI PPA
3. sudo apt-get install xinit xbmc
4. now I can see if I try to run xinit it gives me error (Xorg log is at http://paste.ubuntu.com/1212685/)
5. I observed omaplfb and pvrsrvkm modules are not loaded so before calling xinit I try loading them and found both to be loaded but while loading omaplfb I got segmentation fault (though lsmod shows the module been loaded)
6. Kernel log can be found at http://paste.ubuntu.com/1212692/
I have been trying this for a month and tried various way to make it up and running.
Any suggestion or comment will be highly appreciated and definitely would be a great help for me.
Also, if anyone can point me out the working kernel + FS (ubuntu or debian) repository for Pandaboard (not ES version) will be an ultimate help. I need source code for working image as later I have some plan to modify some features.
Thanks in advance.
Is that a PowerVR chipset?! That's the beginning of your problem. Those chips are a PITA (pain in the ...) to get video running...
Found this at the Pandaboard wiki...
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.|