Linux - NewbieThis Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question?
If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
1) Very new to linux.
2) Installed Redhat 9 as only OS on system.
3) main system running win98: Linksys router/switch.
4) LAN connected and verified hot.
5) eth0: (drivers seem loaded OK)
a) "activate when computer starts" checked.
b) "Automatically obtain IP with dhcp" checked.
6) Run Mozilla = file:///usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html
7) Unable to connect to internet from there.
8) Looking for next step... Missed configuration or??
Thanks for the help! Yes, I can ping my win98 machine and can ping yahoo.com.
Having some difficulty on the command line. Keep getting:
bash: ipconfig: command not found.
Same error for pump and dhcpcd.
Suggestions on firing off executables that are not in bin? Still too new at the linux game. Thanks again for the help.