Sir or Madam
I installed Ubuntu 10.10 on a Laptop Acer Aspire 3000 everything works perfect... excluding.... the Wireless Networks.
1. I cannot check marked Enable Wireless
2. Wireless Network disabled
The driver is installed when I installed Ubuntu 10.10 it asked me to install this. Is not a problem of driver I think. It is a Broadcom Corporation BCM4312
I found out the following:
1. I tried rfkill unblock all with negative results
2. rfkill list phy0: Wireless LAN, Soft blocked: no, Hard blocked: yes
3. look in the file system: NetworkingEnabled=true, WirelessEnabled=false, WWANEnabled=true
Is this really not supported by Ubuntu ??