Ubunto 9.04 after Installation takes me to a command prompt instead of booting intoOS
1) I had Win 2003-R2 Server installed on my Dell Poweredge SC430
2) I downloaded Ubunto 9.04 Server from another machine and cut a CD with the iso image.
3) I popped in this CD into my Dell Poweredge SC430 CD drive.
4) Installation went on fine without any hick-ups.
5) System rebooted after installation was successful and the CD was taken out of the CD drive.
6) System showed a lot of command messages and finally took me to a point where I had to enter my login & password which I had created during installation.
7) How do I boot into the OS (GUI)?
-I am using Linux for the first time. Always used Windows.
-While installing selected English/ US, LAMP, 25% usage of complete disk..etc
-I tried installing Ubunto 8.04 as well and landed up in a similar situation.
Last edited by Dajiba; 05-12-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Reason: added some more details