Originally Posted by boriggly
emachine specs- T1801, cpu pentium 800mhz 20Gb hard drive 640kb memory
dunno if 640 kb memory is gonna cut it...
1024 Kb is equal to 1 Mb.... in other words, you gotta have at least 64 mb and you don't even have one of em...
Bare Minimum requirements
It should be possible to get Ubuntu running on a system with the following minimum hardware specification, although it is unlikely that the system would run well. You should use the Alternate install CD to attempt such an installation.
* 300 MHz x86 processor
* 64 MB of system memory (RAM)
* At least 4 GB of disk space (for full installation and swap space)
* VGA graphics card capable of 640x480 resolution
* CD-ROM drive or network card
Recommended minimum requirements
Ubuntu should run reasonably well on a computer with the following minimum hardware specification. However, features such as visual effects may not run smoothly.
* 700 MHz x86 processor
* 384 MB of system memory (RAM)
* 8 GB of disk space
* Graphics card capable of 1024x768 resolution
A network or Internet connection
might wanna opt for a less decked out version of linux...