Thunderbird & Firefox succeed where Kmail & Konqueror fail! Why?
Hi - I installed Kubuntu 7.04 on my Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop, and the HSFmodem driver from Dell support, and configured KPPP without problem. I used Adept to downloaded 915resolution, so my screen is nice and sharp. BUT Konqueror steadfastly refuses to load ANY web page, and Kmail doesn't want to know either. So I installed Thunderbird and Firefox, and they both work fine. Thunderbird and Firefox are good enough for my requirements, but any feedback on why Kmail and Konqueror are being awkward would be welcome.
If you provide more detail about exactly what happens when Konqueror "refuses" and Kmail "doesn't want to know," then maybe we could narrow down the actual problem.
Most likely you have some proxy environment set in KDE that Konqueror and Kmail are picking up on. Firefox and Thunderbird set their own environment variables, and don't necessarily pick up on the universal ones set within KDE. In a terminal try
(presuming you aren't behind a proxy)
Then load Kmail or Konqueror from a terminal, and check their proxy settings.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.|