Originally Posted by rayratliff
How do I get the results of (inxi -F) from my Acer One to the internet for this forum?
I have loaded LinuxMint 17 and still no internet. My Acer One has a physical switch for the internet connection. Using it does not work with LinuxMint also. I have tried to edit connections and I cannot find my MAC address for the Acer One.
One way you could do it - long detailed explanation follows...
1. Take a USB stick (any size) and plug it into your PC.
2. You should see a icon of a USB device on your desktop.
3. In a terminal window execute the following command:-
inxi -F > ~/inxi-output.txt
you won't see any output.
4. Transfer or copy the file inxi-output.txt to the USB stick.
5. You can do this with the Mint file manager (nemo) by CTRL+C(copy) and CTRL+V(paste) from your home directory to the USB stick.
6. Take the USB stick to a fully working PC & send the contents of inxi-output.txt to this forum...