new computer from boxes, does not install nvidia driver
Booted from USB then ran YaST, I am new with OpenSuse but have two times before installed OpenSuse on fresh HDD's and Nvidia cards with ease.
The symptoms are like when I switched from a GTX 640 that only has mother board power to the GTX 750 Ti and needed power that I did not connect at first. Until I added extra power to the graphics card I only got a single low res VGA output. This 750 card definitely has power but still can only provide single low res to VGA output.
Terminal (dmesg) ......The NVIDIA GPU 0000:01:00.0 (PCI ID: 10de:1380)installed in this system is not supported by the 304.125 NVIDIA Linux driver release. Please see 'Appendix A - supported NVIDIA GPU Products' in this release's README, available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com
. .... None of the VVIDIA graphics adapters were initialized!
Terminal (uname -r) 3.16.7-21 -default [OpenSuse version]
Terminal (/sbin/lspci) VGA Compatible controller: Nvidia Corporation GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] (rev 02)
1. different power cables to graphic card
2. two GTX 750 Ti cards, neither work.
3. re-installed OpenSuse
4. removed card and mother board can run two monitors in high res. DVI cables are new and work. Monitors (4) are all AOC i2367 and working.
5. added to repository 'bumblebee' which contains NVIDIA drivers and tried rebooting. I am not good at repositories yet. However, I didn't need to do this twice before on new installs with NVIDIA cards.
6. downloaded from www.geforce.com
file:///home/shark/Downloads/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-346.72(1).run but when I run it error, "The file /home/shark/Downloads/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-346.72(3).run was opened with UTF-8 encoding but contained invalid characters."It is set to read-only mode, as saving might destroy its content.
Either reopen the file with the correct encoding chosen or enable the read-write mode again in the menu to be able to edit it."
Hardware list: Asus H81M-E motherboard, i5 4460 CPU, 550W power, Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphic card,
Note: two graphic cards on hand, both work in another OpenSuse computer.
I am just learning Linux so I need simple step by step instructions.
Thank you in advance.