LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
Sreekanth.Nv
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jul 2011
Location: t
Posts: 15

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Unhappy squirrel mail error


Hai friends,
im new to Linux,im using fedora11, and i configured a squirrelmail+ dovecot+ postfix; all three are running. all installed via yum.

the problem is..
i can could log into all users, but cannot send mail to each other.., im also configured it in ms outlook express and here also same problm.

pls find below the error from outlook

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: '10.6.168.254', Server: '10.6.168.254', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Your 'Drafts' folder was not polled for its unread count. The operation was canceled by the user. Account: '10.6.168.254', Server: '10.6.168.254', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '', Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17

Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. The operation was canceled by the user. Account: '10.6.168.254', Server: '10.6.168.254', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '', Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17


pls help....
 
Old 07-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 18,336

Rep: Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreekanth.Nv View Post
Hai friends,
im new to Linux,im using fedora11, and i configured a squirrelmail+ dovecot+ postfix; all three are running. all installed via yum.
Really? Fedora 11 reached end-of-life 2010-06-25. The latest is 15...if this is a fresh install, you're already running old, insecure, and out-of-date software right off the bat. If this is a production server, at least load the latest Fedora...but a server really needs a server-style OS, like CentOS, where the update cycle is not so fast.
Quote:
the problem is..i can could log into all users, but cannot send mail to each other.., im also configured it in ms outlook express and here also same problm.

pls find below the error from outlook

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: '10.6.168.254', Server: '10.6.168.254', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19
Your 'Drafts' folder was not polled for its unread count. The operation was canceled by the user. Account: '10.6.168.254', Server: '10.6.168.254', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '', Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17
Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. The operation was canceled by the user. Account: '10.6.168.254', Server: '10.6.168.254', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '', Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17

pls help....
Spell out your words. First thing to try would be to run a mail client on the server itself...log in as a user on the console, and set up something like Evolution or Kmail to use the local server, and see if you're hitting a firewall issue. Have you checked your LAN firewall rules, IPtables on the local server? And is the postfix service running? Try "/etc/init.d/postfix status", or "ps -ef | grep postfix", to see what you see. Check the man page for netstat (I think it's "netstat --listening"), to see if you're even got anything listening on ports 143 and 25.

From the errors, it seems like the server isn't listening/configured correctly, or you've got a network issue.
 
Old 07-23-2011, 02:38 AM   #3
Sreekanth.Nv
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jul 2011
Location: t
Posts: 15

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Question

Thanks a lot for helping..
i ran squirrelmail on server in firefox but same problm occurs.only problm with sending mail. After try to send a mail, the squirrelmail not responding to requests and need to restart httpd.
and my selinux and firewall is off, and server also listens fine on ports 143 and 25.
and LAN hasn't any firewalls. should i run http,postfix,dovecot together to work squirrelmail.
and i would like to confirm domain name in my configuration in /usr/share/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl
 
Old 07-23-2011, 03:22 AM   #4
akakingess
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Distribution: Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04)
Posts: 51

Rep: Reputation: 16
I would try port 26 to send, just to eliminate that port (25).
 
Old 07-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
Sreekanth.Nv
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jul 2011
Location: t
Posts: 15

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
pls let me know a (brief detail) minimum services and configuration to run squirrelmail?
 
Old 07-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 18,336

Rep: Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895Reputation: 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreekanth.Nv View Post
pls let me know a (brief detail) minimum services and configuration to run squirrelmail?
Spell out your words. And if you visit the Squirrelmail website and read the documentation, it will tell you these things
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
squirrel mail error centos123 Linux - Server 2 05-28-2011 03:45 AM
[SOLVED] Squirrel mail error mobinskariya Linux - Software 1 11-10-2009 07:36 AM
Squirrel Mail - ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server. Braynid Linux - Software 1 10-01-2008 03:47 AM
log in error in squirrel mail shadowsurfer Linux - General 1 10-24-2004 12:06 PM
Squirrel Mail Error message doggfather Linux - Software 0 08-11-2003 08:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration