LinuxQuestions.org
Register a domain and help support LQ
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
kapilbajpai88
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore, India
Distribution: RHEL
Posts: 235

Rep: Reputation: 41
Question sound on rhel5


Hi All,

I am using RHEL5 machine and wish to know that how can I increase the volume of the inbuilt spaeakers.
How can I get the sound manager sort of popup ???

Regards,
Kapil
 
Old 04-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 17,961

Rep: Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilbajpai88 View Post
Hi All,

I am using RHEL5 machine and wish to know that how can I increase the volume of the inbuilt spaeakers.
How can I get the sound manager sort of popup ???

Regards,
Kapil
You don't say anything about your hardware or which desktop environment you're using. In KDE, right-click the speaker in the tray, and click the "MIXER" button. Or you can go to a terminal, and type in "alsamixer"
 
Old 04-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
kapilbajpai88
Member
 
Registered: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore, India
Distribution: RHEL
Posts: 235

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 41
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
You don't say anything about your hardware or which desktop environment you're using. In KDE, right-click the speaker in the tray, and click the "MIXER" button. Or you can go to a terminal, and type in "alsamixer"
Hi There,

Sorry for not posting the question with all details..and thank you for the timely comment. Alsamixer is what I am looking for as i am using Gnome desktop...but i have no information about audio related hardware components in this machine.

Thank You.
 
Old 04-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 17,961

Rep: Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693Reputation: 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilbajpai88 View Post
Hi There,

Sorry for not posting the question with all details..and thank you for the timely comment. Alsamixer is what I am looking for as i am using Gnome desktop...but i have no information about audio related hardware components in this machine.

Thank You.
Ok...as I said in my first post "go to a terminal window and type in alsamixer". Did you do that???
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound card is not functioning in RHEL5. amit_kalipur Linux - Laptop and Netbook 12 02-10-2009 07:25 AM
Determining patch level of Redhat RHEL5 vs RHEL5.1 or RHEL4.5-4.6 dfezz1 Linux - Newbie 2 01-23-2009 10:17 AM
RHEL5 - I have RHEL5 DVD , how i install ofice packages like SPREADSHEET ETC, bharath@linux Linux - Newbie 3 10-12-2008 03:24 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration